Always Reading Together
This is our annual fundraiser to emphasize, and inspire reading for all of our Ridgecrest students! We are raising money to help fund teachers, and classrooms for remote learning. As well as, increasing funding to the library, and other PTA initiatives to benefit Ridgecrest! We know that this school year has been a challenge for all of us, however this is our opportunity to pull together as a community and ensure that these crucial programs are funded.
How it Works:
- Students can start collecting pledges now! Pledges may be made by anyone, but relatives, friends and neighbors are likely to be the most supportive. Please do not go door to door collecting from strangers!
- Submit your pledge sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the shared PTA drive here by February 12th.
- Students read as much as they can between February 12th and February 26th. Students who meet, or exceed the grade-level goal will be entered into a drawing and win prizes.
- Pledge forms will be returned to students by March 5th to collect the pledge money.
Money and pledge sheets MUST be submitted via email, or to the shared drive by Friday March 26th at the latest to qualify for prizes.
Submit your pledge sheet to the shared PTA drive located here. Checks should be made payable to the Ridgecrest PTA, and mailed to the school. Payments can also be made on the Ridgecrest PTA website here.
Timeline of Events:
- Now! User pledge sheets to begin collecting pledges.
- Friday, February 12th – Return Pledge sheets to shared PTA drive here or email them to email@example.com, and use reading logs on your classroom Seesaw account.
- February 12th to February 26th – Read as much as possible and remember to log those minutes!
- Friday, February 26th – Turn in reading logs to Seesaw, or take a picture of your minutes read!
- Tuesday, March 9th – Minutes will be counted and pledge sheets will be sent back to collect funds.
- Friday, March 26th – Money due to Ridgecrest
- April – Prizes announced!
Prizes include: One Art Supply Prize basket per grade and the classes with the highest numbers will get special recognition and a classroom gift. All students who meet their grade-level goal will be acknowledged. Due to COVID precautions, we are not able to award physical medals this year.