- This event has passed.
Read-a-thon kick off
Rock ‘n’ Read
This is our annual fundraiser to emphasize and inspire reading for all our Ridgecrest students! We are raising funds for field trips, art docent programs, STEM Night, teacher and specialists grants and many other events and programs!
Rock ‘n’ Read Guidelines
- Start collecting pledges immediately. Pledges may be made by anyone. Relatives, friends & neighbors are likely to be the most supportive. Pledge sheets due back February 14 and returned to students March 6th to collect pledge money. Do not go door to door collecting from strangers!
- Participants read as much as they can between February 14 and March 6th.
- Money and pledge sheets MUST be returned to school by Friday March 13th to qualify for prizes. Checks made payable to the Ridgecrest PTA.
- Please fill our the pledge sheet completely, paying special attention to providing the student’s full name, teacher’s name, and grade.
- Download the pledge form
Timeline of Events
- Now! Use pledge sheets to begin collecting pledges.
- Friday, February 14 – Return Pledge sheets to school and get your reading logs
- Friday February 14 – March 6 – Read as mucch as possible and remember to log those minutes!
- Friday, March 6 – Turn in reading logs.
- Tuesday, March 10 – Minutes will be counted and pledge sheets will be sent back home to collect funds.
- Friday, March 13 – Money and Pledge envelopes due to Ridgecrest
- April – Prizes Announced and Medals Delivered!
- Every student will receive a bookmark at the beginning of the read-a-thon. They need to mark their place wile reading!
Here is a sample of some of the book prizes that may be given to students:
Contact Casey at email@example.com for any questions